Thursday, October 19, 2006

At Home


Last night I was supposed to go to Mary Tan's vocal lesson. Joseph was coming up with a healing for diarrhoea and William was plagued with high fever and a terrible headache. So I had to be home to care for them both. Though bitterly disappointed at having missed a productive session with this unassuming teacher, I knew my priority lies with the two closest persons in my life.

I had not reported for work since Monday. Good or bad, well, I think I choose to look on the bright side of things. I had my much needed break while staying home for Joseph. Joseph initially had fever and vomiting, but they're both gone. I'm trusting the full manifestation of healing for his diarrhoea, praise the Lord!

I'm grateful that Joseph is still active and alert, unlike Sunday where he was drowsy then. But his buttocks have reddened and it pains my heart to hear him cry whenever a fresh BO was done. Therefore I decided to start him on soya bean formula today. A quick check on the internet confirms that NTUC supermarket do carry three brands of the special formula. I picked Brand "I" (which was optimistically presumed to be the least stinky one) and duly sms-ed William to get it on his way home. Praise the Lord, Joseph did not reject the soya milk formula. Praise the Lord!

While William and I was eating dinner earlier on, Joseph climbed onto my chair and indicated that he wants rice too. He must be famished, as he had been fed diluted milk feeds throughout the day due to his watery stools. Usually we had to coax him to eat rice, now he's literally begging for it! Anyhow I could only offer him a few grains of plain rice since his digestive system is currently "under repair". Fortunately, he did not fuss when his short supply of food ran out. On second try, he still did not reject the new milk formula, wahaha...!

Jesus, our Healer! Thank You for the Holy Communion, thank You for a finished work, we are the healed of our Lord Jesus, amen! Hallelujah!

3 Comments:

Blogger Joshua Whom Jesus Dearly loves said...

Hi ,
Hope all are well !Shalom.
Yes, u shd give him soy milk instead of normal milk. And, no meat protein, lots of yogurt and yakult, vegetable based prorridge ( carrots, sweet potato etc etc )...this was what Joshua's pd told us the last time he had this condition. Bread is ok, plain bread, i mean wholemeal.

19/10/06 10:03 PM  
Blogger dorcas said...

i gave joseph diluted milk feeds as i usually did in de past when he had loose stools. it worked everytime except now, therefore i switched to soya based formula. he is fine except when he poo-poo, then he will cry while holding his buttocks... *heart painz*...

20/10/06 9:45 AM  
Blogger Cynthia雯 said...

Hei, matt suffer d same as Joseph. It's been a wk already. I gave him medicine & he force himself & vomit out everything. Now, I let go d medication completely & replace by HC. Will see d results soon. Amen!

24/10/06 11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home