Thursday, August 17, 2006

My Son, My Blessing


Last night we attended a wedding held at Republic of Singapore Yacht Club. This club is located in quite a secluded area, at West Coast Ferry Road but quite near our home, so for that I am glad. The taxi ride was short and we arrived before it turned dark so we got to see beautiful yachts bobbing, out on the calm blue sea.

We strolled along the floating pontoon-like jetty, enjoying the light breeze blowing on our faces, while Joseph tried his best to struggle free out of William's arms. William is not taking any chances letting Joseph break free because on one side of the jetty, there aren't any railings at all, while on the other side, the railings might as well have not been there, even I could slip through it without difficulty, much less a toddler with the talent to bolt off before anyone can say, "who?"

(A shrill cry ensues from the living room. Joseph is in distress! My turn to bolt off... and investigate the source of his agony..... )

Hi, I'm back, after rescuing my son who got trapped between the wall and my TV console. You see, he now explores every nook and corner in the house, bored after being kept home from school since the last Friday of July. His cough is getting better, he is recovering, yes, I proclaim by the stripes of Jesus he is healed. He just has some residual cough which should totally disappear soon, very soon.

Speaking of Joseph, he seems to have his own favoutite song in my new SOP worship CD. He enjoys the song "In The Cross", and would always fiddle with the buttons on my hi-fi, perchance when he hits the right button and the introduction of song number six is heard, he then leaves the player alone. Ooh, William will not be too happy to know I allow Joseph to press some buttons the the hi-fi set, it is after all an electrical appliance, not a toy. Sorry my dear hubby, I do keep a close watch on Joseph when he does that.

Looking at Joseph just makes me feel so blessed. He made me a better person. I became more patient (after my initial uptightness and fastidiousness about everything concerning my precious baby). I learnt to let go little by little, coming into realisation that some things are just beyond my control, things may not always turn out the way I want it, when I want it. With Joseph, I've got to mostly play by ear. He's two years-old now, his needs and behavioural patterns are constantly changing. So must I adapt myself to changes that are now, and that are to come.

Lord Jesus, I thank You that You will be ever faithful to show me and give me wisdom to face each task each day, amen!

1 Comments:

Blogger Vacationist said...

Amen! beloved sister, you grow from glory to glory. The GREATER ONE is in Joseph.

18/8/06 12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home