Thursday, July 20, 2006

This & That

Wow, I was absolutely excited about getting introduced to clinical research work. Okay, I concede, it's nothing to write home about, compared to other high-flyers out there, the jet-setters & world-shakers. Still, to me it was an eye-opener and piqued my interest no end.
I attended a half-day orientation course yesterday with three other SRNs, and we were given an overview of the processes and our roles. After that we were sounded out if this was what we expected and wanted. I don't know about the rest, but I was keen to have the exposure and hope to be able to do this for at least a year. Besides the usual care and observation of subjects (people, actually) we'll learn to do simple laboratory work, like running blood tests. Ooh, let me at 'em, muahahaha...! Hey, I am no deranged nurse, I just like to add value to my work experience record, that's all! Meanwhile, all I do now is wait... since I can't possibly take up any assignments while my niece is putting up at my place till around mid-august.

I actually am feeling quite tired today, initially didn't much want to blog but felt that my last entry was really outdated. Had a hectic weekend because of travelling to JB for my nephews' birthday, with Joseph and my niece, Shan Shan in tow (her parents are working overseas, and she's back for a holiday). I got to sample the taste of having two children and it is no joke, but I still hope somewhere in my heart that someday William will have the "inspiration" to plan for another baby. Being the only child can be very lonely, and Joseph seemed happy to have his cousin to play with now.

Anyway, I had a scrumptious dinner last night. My brother-in-law (Shan's dad) just back from working overseas, brought us out. There's a place called Curry Wok, somewhere in Bt Timah area near Nanyang Primary School. Needless to say, their speciality is Curry (fish-head, chicken) but they also serve other familiar home-style dishes like Pig's Knuckle in Black Gravy Sauce (Lor Ter Kar) , Ngor Hiang, Crispy Tofu, Peranakan Mixed Vegetables, Omellete, etc. William said that the Lor Chap (black gravy sauce) was good enough to drink on its own. He said it tastes just like his very own grandma's old recipe! As for me, I really, really need to lose weight, so I had better stop thinking about food so much. Lord Jesus, I thank You that I am an overcomer, and that I do overcome my gluttony, (a million times) amen to that!

2 Comments:

Blogger Me Naughty Kat said...

Hello, I'm glad to see you writing again. Have been following your blog for the next addition/edition! Heehee. I'm glad you like the research nurse job. You now, Chor Leng's sis is doing this big-time. She flies international and earns big bucks. Praise the Lord!

21/7/06 6:53 AM  
Blogger dorcas said...

huh? no la, i tink wat CL's sis does is a different kind. de one i went to doesn't need to go anywhere except de research ctr! i like dat, not keen to travel, wif joseph so young... :)

21/7/06 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home