Monday, August 14, 2006

Streams Of Praise


I went to a worship night led by the Streams Of Praise (SOP) team on Saturday evening at Faith Methodist Church. William and Joseph came along too, which made me doubly excited because we were to have a family worship experience together. I still remember those days when I constantly sang SOP praise songs while Joseph was still in my womb, surely he experienced some sort of deja vu feeling, as he hears them singing live worship now.

The church pews were packed full before the appointed starting time, so if it hadn't been for Henry who wisely arrived early to keep seats for the rest of us, no doubt we would have been turned away politely at the church's door. As it was, Jeanie, Jolene, Chor Leng, Tony, and the rest of us gratefully filed into our seats.

I have to say I was glad the SOP team had been flourishing, this tour showcased two new CDs, instead of the usual solitary one that goes on promotion during their tour of the region. Needless to say, I pounced on these CDs eagerly. Their new songs focused mainly on Jesus, as Lord and Saviour, the Holy Spirit our Comforter, and our loving Father in heaven, a stark difference from the days of old, when SOP was under the baton of a different leader. Then, a number of the songs written were heavy with consciousness of sin and wrongdoing, although there were some that spoke of hope and joy. Praise the Lord, that their CDs released these few recent years exposed a fresh revelation and knowing of God's love and grace in their lives.


Anyway, the worship session was very ministering not only for myself, Chor Leng confessed that she cried bucketful of tears as I did, and I noticed Henry wiping his eyes for a moment or two too. Clearly the sweet presence of our Lord was felt tangibly all around, indwelling the praises of His people, touching our hearts afresh with His love. Lord, I thank You for the privilege to commune with You. You are worthy of all honour and praise, amen!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cynthia雯 said...

Ya, agree wif U. Their songs r so much different compared 2 d previous. Quite like a few of d songs. Muz listen a few times, d more u hear, d more u will like it.
=)

15/8/06 1:23 PM  
Blogger Don Low said...

Wow... this photo is really classic! I miss those times!

28/8/06 11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home