Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Almost Two!

Today Joseph missed school because he has a slight cough with runny nose. I'm going to keep him at home for two or three days before sending him back. I'm thankful that he hasn't lost his appetite, still ate porridge for lunch and dinner, drank his 6oz milk feeds, enjoyed his ABC video, and... the sweetest gesture of all, occasionally came over to hug me (squeezed my neck with his two arms extended around it), wearing a wide grin on his face.

Joseph is almost two now, it will be his 2nd birthday in six days' time, but we had already celebrated for him three days ago. We got a birthday cake, lighted two candles, and snapped pictures of him. He partook of a small piece of the cake, much to my delight, because he used to reject cakes whenever I tried feeding him before. Anyway, I'm bringing Joseph to see a doctor tomorrow, in case he needs some anti-biotics. Right now he's getting his inhaler four hourly during waking hours, as I don't want to disturb his sleep, which I think is very needful at the moment. Workwise, I have cancelled all my job assignments pronto, to take care of Joseph. I will wait till next week before availing myself for work again. Money is important, yes, but my son needs me now.

Lord Jesus, I thank You that Joseph remains active and alert despite being a little unwell. Seeing Joseph still being his cheerful self is reassuring to me, I pray that You give us a good doctor tomorrow since Dr Chng is not around. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow us all the days of our lives. Thank You for all Your goodness towards us, amen!

15 Comments:

Blogger Ezekiel - Beloved of God said...

siew chin,

God's hands, are upon Joseph, by the stripes of Jesus, Joseph is completely healed. We will always see, Joseph now and forever as a strong and healthy boy.

Romans 8:11- (AMP) "And if the Spirit of Him who raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He Who raised up Christ Jesus from the dead will also restore to life / give life to your mortal bodies thru His Spirit who dwells in you".

this verse was given to me by someone to always remind me that the Spirt that raised Jesus up is now in Ezekiel, and His Spirit will give life to Ezekiel's legs and raise Ezekiel up.

Shalom,
abi =]

7/6/06 10:03 AM  
Blogger dorcas said...

amen! thanks for yr encouragement, abi!

7/6/06 11:33 AM  
Blogger jOHnsOn 强 said...

that means today bday lor ( if my math is correct). 生日快乐 Joseph.

11/6/06 1:51 PM  
Blogger dorcas said...

heee... joseph's birthday is 12 june :)

11/6/06 11:29 PM  
Blogger jOHnsOn 强 said...

ai ya ... sorry, comprehension and math fail. wahaha ...

12/6/06 8:18 AM  
Blogger Cynthia雯 said...

My "ang" should ask me. I know his b'day is 12, ie, today. Blessed birthday Joseph. May U grow in d ways of d Lord, wisdom from HIM. Bless Bless!

12/6/06 10:25 AM  
Blogger Cynthia雯 said...

Hei sis, ur pc timing not set correctly lei. I post it now (12/6, at 10.24am) or is it my problem??? Pls check.
Posted on 12/6 @ 10.25am

12/6/06 10:28 AM  
Blogger dorcas said...

no worries, the date & time is set to "mei guo" timing. pre-set liao, i can't undo lei...

12/6/06 12:00 PM  
Blogger dorcas said...

i mean, blogspot.com is set to "mei guo" timing, my pc is local time, hahaha...

12/6/06 12:04 PM  
Blogger jOHnsOn 强 said...

alrite, i can see the bubbleshare photo now. nice !! Great way to share photos.

12/6/06 3:51 PM  
Blogger jOHnsOn 强 said...

infact u can change the "mei guo" timing to sing a pore timmming.
after login, goto change setting.
setting->formatting->time zone.
look for 'UTC+8:00 Asia/singapore.

cheers!

12/6/06 4:11 PM  
Blogger dorcas said...

wah, director lee! i didn't noe i can manipulate de blogspot "mei guo" timing to become sing a pore wan... veri thanks! will do it soon... (feelin' lazy now, herr herr...)!

13/6/06 1:07 AM  
Blogger dorcas said...

testing, testing... testing timing re-set...!

13/6/06 1:14 AM  
Blogger mother hen said...

Happy Birthday Joseph! I know i am late with the well wishes. Orginally wanted to wait till 12th. But then I was so busy that I forgot about it.

14/6/06 9:45 AM  
Blogger dorcas said...

wahahaha... itz ok! thanks for the birthday wishes...!!

15/6/06 10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home