Thursday, May 04, 2006

Plans And Decisions


Decisions, decisions, decisions... a job interview I went to two weeks ago yielded positive results yesterday. I was selected but I wasn't too thrilled. Why? They will not meet my expected salary, that's why. This morning I called back and told the HR staff to give me a few more days to re-consider. Besides not getting the salary I want, the job's fine, they're willing to wait till I'm ready to start work in mid-June, it's five-day week and all that, plus benefits, etc. Except that I have to run around the island, but hey, if I'm getting well-paid for my efforts, I don't mind all this travelling, it just requires some delicate balancing on my part, as I'll need to have sufficient time to drop off and pick up Joseph from the childcare centre.

Meanwhile I've got to make some fast plans, for Joseph, that is. I will need to re-enrol him for half-day school again, thence, on to full-day care the following month. William is happy to send Joseph back to centre "S" again, so I'm for it too. Okay, two weeks later, I should be able to get his paperwork done, and when he's all settled and quite happy to be with his teachers and little friends again, I will go job-a-hunting, la-la-la, if the current opening doesn't work out finally.


Lord help me, I'm a bit nervous after a two-year absence from the workforce, help me shed my self-consciousness, and trust Your hand to guide me along. You are my faithful Lord, amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home