Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Blog, Blog, Blog...

I had been visiting my friends' blogs quite regularly. The more I frequented their blogs, the more I felt the sore lacking of an element in mine... visual aid in the simple form of... pictures. So now I have edited all my previous entries by adding a picture for each post, although I am a self-professed "word" person. My friend taught me how to do it, and it was hilariously easy (dunno why I didn't figure it out myself).

Why do I blog, and where/what's my motivation? For Joseph. Besides journaling about significant events encircling his early young life, I share my own thoughts, as well as William's role (albeit a silent one), in "sketching" these experiences into precious legacy of tangible form for Joseph.


You see, I would dearly like Joseph to know who his parents are. As in, not just the people who conceived and brought him into this world, but who we are as A Person. Not just the authority figure in his life, who could come very close to being labelled "spoilsport" because many times we may need to say "No" to his idea of good fun, but for him to know us as An Individual. I would like Joseph to get to know us with interest and curiosity, as he would A Friend.


For most of the dads and mums in the era of our own parents, the need to befriend and understand children was totally unheard of. Their role was always foremost as a provider, i.e. the one who fed you, all else mattered little. The general mentality of parents back then was to eagerly await the day these pesky kids grow up, leave school, get a job, and start "payback" time (repaying them in monetary form for all the hardship they went through in bringing up children) . I must emphasise that I'm not saying every parent was like that in those days, many were, but not all.


Anyway, as the good old saying goes, times have changed. Most parents want to bond with their children, they now see the need to establish a viable relationship with their offspring. Communication breakdown arising from "generation gap" are problems from quite a distant past, it would probably become an obsolete term soon, by the way things are going now.


However, as much as I yearn for a close relationship with my son, I crave more that he should walk in closer fellowship with Jesus than us, his parents. To understand the love of his Father God in heaven, to know that Jesus is his health and healing, to live daily by the Lord's grace, to depend constantly on His strength and wisdom, to follow after his Shepherd's leading always, all these are far more valuable to me than anything else.
My dear Jesus, may Joseph hunger for more of You, and love You deeply. Thank You for loving him first. I love you my faithful Lord, my Refuge and my present help in time of need. You are deserving of all worship and praise, hallelujah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home