Friday, March 31, 2006

Husband Store

Husband Store

A store that sells husbands has just opened in New York City, where a woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the entrance is a description of how the store operates. You may visit the store ONLY ONCE ! There are six floors and the attributes of the men increase as the shopper ascends the flights. There is, however, a catch . . .. you may choose any man from a particular floor, or you may choose to go up a floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building! So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband . .

On the first floor the sign on the door reads: Floor 1 - These men have jobs and love the Lord.

The second floor sign reads: Floor 2 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, and love kids.

The third floor sign reads: Floor 3 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, and are extremely good looking. "Wow," she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.

She goes to the fourth floor and sign reads: Floor 4 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, are drop- dead good looking and help with the housework. "Oh, mercy me!"she exclaims, "I can hardly stand it!"

Still, she goes to the fifth floor and sign reads: Floor 5 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, are drop- dead gorgeous, help with the housework, and have a strong romantic streak.

She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor and the sign reads: Floor 6 - You are visitor 4,363,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please. Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store. Watch your step as you exit the building, and have a nice day!

The above excerpt arrived in my mailbox a few days ago, courtesy of my brother-in-law (in-grace?), Winston. My first instinct was to forward this email to everyone I know, hoping to share a good laugh with them.

My mind sobered shortly after, as I pondered upon the hometruth interwoven into this tale. I have a husband who loves the Lord, holds a job, takes care of our son when I'm not around, doesn't mind doing housework, and how often do I thank him? Not often enough, I'd say.

So William, here I just want to tell you I really appreciate all you do for me, and I'm sorry for the times I found fault with you, or misunderstood you. I want to thank you for being very, very patient with me. You have been more a husband to me than I have been a wife to you (know what I mean?). I love you very much!

Dear Lord Jesus, help remind me not to take family for granted. Help slow me down to show care and love to those around me. Thank You for being patient with me too, Jesus. I love and adore You!

2 Comments:

Blogger Joshua Whom Jesus Dearly loves said...

hi,
i enjoyed reading the story - interesting - haha.

yes, u hv a good hubby in william - treasure him ;P And, i can say that he has a good wife in you ;) Let there be a 'third' party ( jesus ) in yr marriage - amen !

1/4/06 12:06 AM  
Blogger dorcas said...

amen, i thank God for an understanding spouse, He knows who is suited to me. you and raymond too, are suited to each other by the Lord.

4/4/06 3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home