Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A Date


Yesterday I had a date with my husband, William. We were both not working so we decided to head for the recently opened shopping mall, Vivo City.

Ever since Joseph entered our lives, we have not had the chance to go out just by ourselves. Do not be mistaken, we feel blessed to have an adorable son in our midst, except that at times we just wish to be our own individual selves again, and not just being parents all the time.

So after two and a half years, the opportunity presented itself. Joseph as usual had been sent to his full day childcare centre. After finishing some house chores, we promptly prepared ourselves for the outing. William, being the guy, was ready before I am. So I told him to leave the house first and wait for me at the bus stop. "Why? Whatever for?" he quipped. "Well, if we are going on a date, you can pretend that you are waiting for me downstairs, anyway the guy always waits for the gal, go... go... go..." William still looked perplexed as I hurried him out the front door.

Minutes later, while I was getting into the lift, William's call came through, "Where are you?"
Wahaha...! The first discrepancy after getting married, you hear the question "where are you" instead of "take your time... and mine too".

Though in the beginning it did feel quite odd not having Joseph with us (since I was so used to fussing over him and attending to all his needs), I enjoyed having the time out with William alone. We spent the day leisurely, and had lunch together in the food court (we always had to take turns eating when we have Joseph with us). We walked through most of the shops, and even watched Happy Feet in the cinema. I can't remember when was the last time I stepped into a movie theatre and I savoured every moment then, relishing even the trailers of movies soon to be shown.

I did miss Joseph, just a little wee bit. Once a mother, always a mother, I guess...

4 Comments:

Blogger sunstonesmuimui said...

i watched Happy Feet too! cute hor

13/12/06 6:54 PM  
Blogger dorcas said...

de singing was fantastic... soulful...

14/12/06 6:02 PM  
Blogger Cynthia雯 said...

Hahaha... chin U r sooooo adorable. U actually ask him 2 get out of d hs 1st. That'll nvr occur in my mind but it was sure good. Like "pat tor" time ya. Great! Keep it up sis! Jesus Loves U & so do I. =)

18/12/06 2:30 PM  
Blogger dorcas said...

wahaha... yes, my dear cynthia. i wanted to capture some "paktor" moments from the past, heee... a bit pathetic but can try mah...kekeke...:)

18/12/06 6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home