Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Moving On



Joseph saw his paediatrician last Thursday. All is in good order, his airways are clear, and his medication is reduced to twice daily. The ventolin inhaler (puff) may be discontinued once the cough totally disappears, but the flixotide inhaler (puff) has to be used for the next two or three more months. I don't mind. Anything to prevent a recurring of what just happened recently. Now I look back with relief, but to be sure, I wasn't this carefree while I was going through it!

As for attending school, I have applied for a temporary withdrawal. Not because I disbelieve the benefits listed out in one of my previous posts, but because I want to let him have a short rest. You see, at times he still has this residual cough, so I don't think it's fair to expose him to the other children in the centre. Plus, the maintenance drug he's on would help strengthen his lungs, so I want him to recuperate fully before mingling with small crowds of little children.

So Joseph, you are going to face mummy all day long, but with a little variation, mummy plan to wheel you out daily to break the boredom. I understand you are a growing toddler with different needs now, including the need to be exposed to external stimuli. A ride in your pram, a brief stroll around our neighbourhood, an occasional trip to Harbourfront or Tiong Bahru Plaza, that should do it for now.

Plans for a second baby is also temporarily shelved for the moment because, to be honest, I felt a restraint (in my spirit) when I wanted to "try" for another child a couple of months back. I definitely would not go ahead without the Lord's shalom peace upon me. So my dear Jesus, it's Your call, Your plan, Your timing. I submit my will under Yours, my loving Shepherd.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joshua Whom Jesus Dearly loves said...

Hi,
Thk god that all is well ;p
Was very touched n felt what u felt thr'out the ordeal during yr cg sharing on Tuesday ;) A mum's great love indeed !

Hey, u managed to put all the pictures up - lovely !

29/3/06 9:39 PM  
Blogger dorcas said...

yeah, thot it'd be nice to have joseph show his face here & there...

hee...!

30/3/06 1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home