Tuesday, February 28, 2006

To School!




Today, I brought Joseph to complete registration procedures at Centre "S". Yeah, Centre "P" was not in the running, nay, not even a close second. If you had to climb a small hill to bring your young child to his class daily, I doubt you would be enthused either. Never mind that the number of children enrolled there was very few (for obvious reason!), I never want to repeat another visit there, ever again, ~pant pant~!

Anyway, it's finally happening. Two days later, on 1 Mar 2006 Joseph will be going to his first school. There is to be three days' orientation, whereby I am allowed to remain in the centre with him. Thereafter the actual detachment starts... letting go.

Joseph, when you read mummy's blog years from now, I just want you to be clear about this thing. In my previous entry, you would have seen how mummy went traipsing all around the neighbourhood, hunting for a suitable place to put you in for half a day. This is, by no means any indication that I have tired of having you by my side. Far from it, in fact, mummy did that for a number of reasons.

Firstly, whenever mummy had to do chores or some other work, you would be neglected. I had to keep you in a safe place, i.e. your cot, to prevent possible dangers or accidental falls. You would be left on your own, either watching some kiddy video, or playing with your own toes/toys when you had enough of seeing rapid changing scenes being played from a square box screen.

Secondly, it's time to give you opportunities to mingle with other little children. Mummy noticed that being alone most of the time does nothing to equip you with the social skills necessary for coping with and adapting to conditions outside the safe refuge of home.

Thirdly, you'd be exposed to short lessons tailored for your age. Mummy could then follow these syllabus as a guideline for teaching at home, because mummy has limited experience and knowledge about educating toddlers and young children.

Joseph, I believe that you would be happier spending half a day occupied in school than being cooped up in your cot for an hour or more each morning, and encountering no one else except mummy. While you have fun with your new young friends, mummy could then have fun doing all the chores and tasks required, guilt-free. Mummy and daddy really love you, Joseph.

Lord Jesus, I pray for my son, that You enable him to settle into his new environment speedily. I pray that his teacher is patient and understanding, and will develop genuine love for the little ones she teaches. Lord I pray for Your protection, to keep Joseph safe from harm and illnesses. Thank You Jesus, I will put my trust in You, my Lord. You are the constant Shepherd, faithful by his side at all times. Thank You for loving Joseph, amen!

2 Comments:

Blogger Don Low said...

http://www.yesalbum.com/v001/donlowcm/baby_joseph.jpg

5/3/06 1:11 AM  
Blogger dorcas said...

erm.. the link cannot "go there" lei, dunno why...

8/3/06 3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home