Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Happy New Year!



Long time no blog. With Chinese New Year barely a few days away, I have my hands full of unfinished tasks. Food stuff to stock up, shelves to clean, windows to wipe, bathrooms to scrub, & ~gasp~, I haven't bought my husband any new shirts yet! This is supposed to be something William does for himself, I know, but preening was never him, he would only ask, "Is there any need to buy another shirt?"

Anyway, I finally bought a box of mandarin oranges today, a must-have during this festive season. Spring-cleaning can still be left till the eve of CNY, as is the custom of my late mother. I remember my childhood days, when every sibling got on their hands and knees to scrub the floor (my old home in Malaysia had rough cement flooring). My favourite part was skidding along the soapy floor in my kneeling position. Woosh! Then all too soon, my mother got out the long rubber hose to rinse off the suds. Yes, I can still ambulate myself on the wet & semi-flooded floor but surely sudsy foam win hands down.

Okay, can't write too much this time, really, there are chores to catch up on. The best thing for me to do is to put everything down on paper, so that I don't miss a thing. Don't want to have mini panics in the middle of the night. Righto, better go write that list now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home