Friday, January 20, 2006

Time To Grow Up




Did I not just previously wrote in such resolute manner of my plan to send Joseph to half-day childcare next month?

This morning when I looked at his cherubic face, asleep peacefully in his cot, I felt a sudden, you know... sentimental rush. He still looks so "baby", it seemed a heartless thing to do, putting him out of the house for a whole half-day..!

Later when I gave Joseph his morning bath, in my mind's eye played the imaginary scene of him at the care centre, being bathed by the Staff (aka A Stranger!). Gosh, I was awashed with emotions again..!

Don't be silly, I told myself. It's time to let the boy out of his bubble, expose him to the real world, get acquainted with other children and adults. Learn simple facts of life, appropriate for his age of course, e.g. don't hog the toys, share them with others.

I guess having cared for Joseph since his birth inadvertently caused me to have a certain amount of separation anxiety, ha ha..! So it's as much an ordeal for me as it might be for him. I have a sneaky suspicion that Joseph may even get into the groove of things sooner than me.

Okay, so it's time to grow up and detach. By that, I don't mean Joseph.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home